Today, we will share important food and supplements which are great against cancer.
Food for cancer patients: The Good and the Bad
Good food for like foods that would be of benefit especially if you’ve already been diagnosed with cancer and wish to improve your overall health.
Criteria for good food:
Eat fresh food as much as possible. It has to be unprocessed as much as possible. It is not painted with any chemical or antibiotics.
We have to make sure that the food is calorie dense. You have to consume more amount of calories. It should be easily digestible. Make sure your meal has enough vitamins and minerals. Though, it will improve your immune system.
- Protein: Nuts, beans, legumes
- Fats: Nuts, virgin coconut oil, virgin olive oil, flax seed oil
- Carbohydrates: root crops, red, brown or black rice, Sweet potatoes, low glycemic fruits
So for cancer patients especially we have to be aware of foods that can increase our sugar because this can also cause a problem later on.
No.1 food for cancer patients:
The number one food for cancer patients will still be water. Every human being is made up of 60-70 percent of water. Therefore we should always be aware of what type of water we’re putting into our body. Patients who take structured water, they have a better quality of life. Structure water is 6 sided. So that’s why it’s called hexagonal shape water. Structured water is able to absorb and assimilate faster than any other type of water. Now if you don’t have structured water you can use alkaline, fountain or spring water.
Basic theory of food against cancer:
We have to make sure about the amount of sugar we take in especially the processed sugar has to be controlled and managed. Remember the more sugar you put in your system the faster the cancer cells grow.
Some of the food would decrease the delivery of sugar is fiber. That’s why fiber is very important.
We have to make sure that we nourish the person, not cancer.
Some more things to consider if the food is organic or not organic. A lot of people now are aware of the number of chemicals are present in food is being grown and harvested. So we have to make sure that what we put in mouth that should be chemical free as much as possible.
Which is better raw or cooked? In my experience, not everyone can completely ear raw food but if you could eat then please do or minimize the cooked food in your diet.
Juices vs blended? A lot of people use a slow juicer because it contains more enzymes and vitamins which are presented in fruits or vegetables. So, it’s better to invest in slow juicer than the blender.
You want to be completely vegetarian or you just want to eat anything, anytime and whatever you wish to eat.
Foods that can help cancer cells grow or metastasize:
- Meat (esp cooked above 180C)
- Adulterated Milk/Cheese
- Chemical Preservatives/Additives
Vegetarianism: Pros & Cons
It is really very hard to vegetarian especially if they are already eating non-veg from last 30-40 years. The reason for this is more of a psychological mindset.
What these are a lot of people don’t want to be able to tolerate. They are still looking for the texture of meat, the taste, and smell of meat which is sometimes very hard to kick out.
Avoid meat as much as possible because it contains N-Glycolylneuraminic acid which is very inflammatory. If your body becomes inflammatory then the more cancer cells grow.
Now the problem with being a vegetarian is that you will always be in the loss of vitamin b. You can supplement vitamin b to avoid the problem of anemia.
Another problem a lot of people face a lower count of white blood cells. So you have to eat more mushrooms or anything that would boost your immune system.
Vitamin & Minerals
“Whatever we lack, we must supply, what excesses, we let go”
Vitamins act as either:
Vitamins: Fat and Water
Fat-soluble vitamins – A, D, E, K
Water Soluble – B complex, C
- Normal vision (Lutein and zeaxanthin)
- Protects from infections
- Regulates immune system
- α-Carotene, β-Carotene, β-Cryptoxanthin, Lycopene, Lutein, and Zeaxanthin
- Red, yellow, orange, and dark green veggies (carotenoids)
- Pumpkin (highest source of α-Carotene, βCarotene, β-Cryptoxanthin.
- Most studied Vitamin on cancer, irrefutable evidence
- Thousands of articles written on Oral and IV vitamin C
- As an oral vitamin, act as an antioxidant boosts immune cell function
- Low bioavailability > 400mg per oral route
- Timing of doses at every 2 hours can maintain optimally vitamin C levels in the blood or take liposomal form.
- .IV doses of 25 grams can actually kill cancer cells.
- Proven of benefit for patients who have undergone chemo or radiotherapy.
- May prolong and improve the quality of life.
- Promotes the absorption of calcium and phosphorus
- Plays an important role in immunity
- The high correlation between serum levels and morbidity and mortality
- Sunlight (10 – 15 mins 2x a week)
- Antioxidant, essential for its recycling enzymes
- Alpha, beta, gamma, Delta tocopherols
- Tocotrienols (found in high concentrations in palm oil) are many times more potent as anti-oxidants well-absorbed by the skin and thus are well suited for use as a Vitamin E cream
- Important for coagulation and proper calcium metabolism
- K1 – Phylloquinone (plant based)
- K2 – bacteria and animals (menaquinone)
- MK-4 (menatetrenone)
- MK-7 (menaquinone-7) long-acting from Natto
- K3 – synthetic (menadione): most potent
- Vitamin K potentiates the action of vitamin C as well as in hyperthermia
- This is by producing Reactive Oxygen species or prooxidants
- Oral Menadione (Vitamin K3) and MK-7 are the most commonly used in supplements
- Vitamin K and Vitamin C combo in the trial for prostate cancer (Apatone)
Vitamin B3 (Niacin)
- Vasodilation or Niacin Flush.
- Can help with improving cholesterol as well as increase blood circulation.
- Help with radiation and Hyperthermia.
Vitamin B5 (Pantothenate)
- Excellent esp for cancer patients with fatigue or poor sleep
- Adrenal support
Vitamin B17 (Amygdalin)
- Controversial vitamin
- Produces cyanide and benzaldehyde in the presence of cancer cells
- Less toxic to normal cells
- Apricot seeds, Bitter Almonds, cassava roots
- Can cause nausea and vomiting
Vitamin B12 (Cobalamin)
- Very important esp for vegans and those with neuropathy
- Excellent for patients with anemia, together with Folic Acid
Alpha Lipoic Acid
- Liver protector
- Enhances the activity of other anti-oxidants esp vitamin C
- Proven benefit for liver, gallbladder and pancreatic cancers
- The dose is at least 400mg/day for the benefit
- Heavy metal chelator
- Liver detoxification enzyme.
- Very low in cancer patients esp those with high toxin load.
- Short half-life.
- Needs the presence of Vitamin C, Selenium Vitamin E.
- Potassium is largely Intracellular while Sodium is extracellular
- Cancer cells have a lower voltage than normal cells (-40millivolts)
- High potassium-rich foods are great for cancer patients
- Avoid sodium as it causes dehydration, water retention
- Careful in those with Kidney dysfunction
Calcium vs Magnesium
- Avoid calcium unless severely deficient
- Like potassium, magnesium is deficient in the majority of
- Magnesium can help with cramps, muscle pains and sleep
- Pumpkin seeds are best sources
- Selenium is a cofactor in glutathione synthesis
- Has benefit esp for prostate cancer
- Selenium prevents arteries from clogging
Zinc and Copper
- Studies are conflicting for zinc, however high copper levels are proven to be detrimental
- Zinc and Copper are a mutual antagonist
- Zinc deficiencies are common with those with viral and bacterial infections
Phytochemicals are chemicals that are found in Usually they’re found in vegetables and fruits that are raw or lightly cooked. It can prevent stop or even kill cancer cells. Take note that there are hundreds, not thousands of different phytochemicals found in nature. Some of these phytochemicals have yet to be discovered.
Probably one of the best phytochemicals found in nature that works against cancer is the turmeric or the yellow ginger. Curcumin is one of the best phytochemical. Many studies have actually have shown that curcumin is can actually kill cancer cells, prevent metastasis as well as being an inflammatory and anti-angiogenic and even works on the genetic level. So a few teaspoons of turmeric together with some olive oil coconut oil and pepper is an excellent way to prevent or stop cancer from growing.
Composed of Broccoli, Kale, cauliflower, cabbage, brussels sprouts. These have a rich source of DIM and Phenylisothiocyanate. These are excellent for estrogen-sensitive cancers specifically breast, ovarian, endometrial.
Now for broccoli and cauliflower for us to get more of the antioxidants or the phytochemicals, we can actually slightly blanch the vegetable side from that. We can also cut it up and let the oxidize for a few minutes before eating it. This would maximize the number of phytochemicals in the broccoli.
Garlic and onions contain sulfur. One active ingredient of garlic allium. you can first chop it up let the garlic become expose to oxygen to increase the amount of Alisson compounds. If you do not wish to eat the garlic raw you can also roast them.
Inhibitors are those chemicals that block the formation of estrogen. Therefore, patients who have breast-ovarian prostate cancers are of benefit if you take lots of garlic and onions.
Silymarin (Milk Thistle)
Milk thistle contains silymarin. It has shown excellent for cancer patients esp those with fatty or degenerative conditions. It helps Regenerates liver cells as well as boos detoxification functions.
It contains ECGC or epigallocatechin.ECGC has been shown effective for colon, breast, lung cancer cells. It also prevents platelet aggregation which is also one of the side effects of high tumor load. Patients who have high amounts of cancer cells also have a propensity to have blood clots If you have these problems green tea is very good.
Mushrooms are excellent especially those who have a low immune system. They are moduli modulators as well as increase the number of natural killer cells. Natural Cures cells are actually the ones that directly heats up cancer cells. It contains beta-glucans, lentinan, PSP, PSK. So if you see supplements containing these products then most likely not. These are from mushrooms. Mushrooms also protect DNA damage as well as makes the cancer cells commit suicide.
One of the cornerstones in cancer treatment is the use of Digestive Enzymes. it has to be shown the digestive enzymes health in inflammation and pain. If you wish to take digestive enzymes as much as possible. Look for enzymes that contain chymotrypsin. This is one enzyme for protein breakdown. Enzymes found in vegetables and plants are found in papaya. Pepsin in okra and bromelain in pineapples.
This research has shown that probiotics or good bacteria are an important part of any nutritional program. One of the most overlooked parts of any disease is the presence or absence or the lack of good bacteria. So it’s very important to include good bacteria or probiotics in any nutritional program. They are also a good source of vitamin b and vitamin k.
These are rich in iodine. Iodine-rich foods are one of the best ways to remove toxins esp those of the halogen group: Flouride, bromide. Iodine also helps with thyroid hypofunction which is also very common among cancer patients.
Frankincense essential oil
There are so many essential oils that are excellent not only for cancer patients but also for ordinary people. They will help with inflammation and pain esp among those with brain cancers. It is a very potent antiinflammatory agent.