Getting rid of acne is quite hard on its own but when you feel like you finally did it here is another problem post acne scars and dark spots.
Here are 8 simple and effective ways to remove all these unwanted spots.
Aloe vera should be an essential part of your skincare routine. It prevents the signs of aging, moisturizes the skin, reduces stretch marks, and makes your skin look glowing and healthy.
Another one of its endless benefits is the reduction of acne scars. It works especially great with lemon juice as it naturally has skin lightening properties.
Aloe vera gel can also be used on its own and it has important carbohydrate molecules called polysaccharides. They stimulate the growth of new skin cells which helps the skin to heal and fade the spots. You can find aloe vera gel in any drugstore.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of aloe vera gel and 3 drops of lemon juice and massage the final mixture on your face. Leave it for about 30 minutes and then rinse.
When your skin is affected with acne scars the only thing you can do to get rid of them faster is to make your skin heal quicker. Olive oil does just that. It possesses the anti-inflammatory properties that nourish the skin and allows it to heal.
- You will need one teaspoon of olive oil plus one tablespoon of sugar. Mix them massage the skin rinse your face with water and you’re good. It will improve your skin’s texture and overall state. Just don’t forget to do it two times a week.
- Another great alternative is sea salt. In this case, you will need to make a thick paste out of two tablespoons of pulverized sea salt and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Massage the scrub into the skin and circular movements and then wash off. Repeat 2 times a week and your acne scars and spots will be gone.
Apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar balances the pH levels of the skin. Contains vitamins A, C, E, B2, and many more. Regenerates the skin and the list goes on and on. Of course, it also lightens acne spots and removes acne scars and here you have a wide choice.
Apple cider vinegar can be used with lots of products such as tea tree oil, milk, and bananas but let’s focus on two of the simplest and most effective remedies with apple cider vinegar as one of the ingredients.
- You’ll need is just water. Mix water and apple cider vinegar in equal proportions and use a cotton ball to apply it on the affected areas. Leave it for about 10 minutes then wash your face and apply moisturizer.
- Another great solution involves honey. Just mix two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar nearly three cups of water and some honey. Again apply the mixture on the acne scars and spots using a cotton ball wait for about thirty minutes and rinse. Repeat two times a week.
Everyone has some baking soda at home. But not that many people know that it can be used not only for cooking but for beauty as well. It can make your skin fresh by removing dead skin cells and it’s an irreplaceable helper in a battle with post acne scars.
Baking soda cleanses the pores and prevents new breakouts from appearing. So you can be sure that your skin will become much better in the long run.
- Just mix one teaspoon of baking soda with a bit of water so it’ll make a paste. Apply this paste to the affected area for about one or two minutes and then wash it off. Repeat this simple masks two or three times a week.
Lemon juice is a miracle for lightening the skin that’s why it’s great for dealing with post acne dark spots. You can use it on its own by applying it on the spot or even on the pimple to dry them out quicker. You can also use it with various products and still get a great result in the end.
- Combine it with water in equal proportion and apply it directly on the spots. Wait for about ten or fifteen minutes and wash it off. Don’t forget to use moisturizer. Repeat the procedure two or three times a week.
- Another good solution is sugar and honey scrub. You will need one tablespoon of lemon juice, 2 tablespoons of honey one, a half tablespoons of sugar, and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Mix all the ingredients together and gently apply on the skin. Don’t rub it in too much it won’t increase the effect and will irritate the skin way more instead. Then wash it off, do this two times a week and you’ll be amazed by the results.
Women usually tend to use cucumbers just for the eyes. It gives them a fresh and relaxed look and makes them dark circle free in no time. But cucumbers are good for not only just that but removing acne scars and spots too.
They contain tons of water which hydrate the skin very well and the vitamins A and C make the skin even more gorgeous. By providing it with numerous important elements just see all of these amazing effects for yourself.
- Just put cucumber slices directly on the acne scars and spots and lay down for about thirty minutes. Then wash your face and apply moisturizer. Repeat two or three times a week.
Egg whites can also make you forget about those unattractive acne scars and spots. It can remove dead skin cells and kills acne bacteria. Moreover, it contains a protein that helps to speed up the healing process. As a result, your skin recovers weight quicker.
- With the whites of an egg in a bowl and simply apply them to the problem areas. Just as simple as that. Leave it on for some time so it’ll dry. Then rinse your face with water. It’s better to do this two times a week. But don’t forget that if you’re allergic to eggs this option is not for you. There’s nothing bad about that with the help of the other remedies your skin will still heal just fine.
Make ice cubes
Ice cubes are used by many women all around the world to make their skin look fresh in the morning. Surprisingly enough they are effective in a battle with post acne problems as well. They reduce acne scars redness and fade dark spots.
- Put the ice cubes in a clean cloth and gently rub the stars with it for about 10 to 15 minutes. Do this every morning for a couple of weeks. If you want to try something else you can always freeze green tea.
- You can do it with tea tree oil. Take your ice tray to add about three drops to each section of it and then add already boiled green tea. This mixture is great for killing all the bacteria and soothing the skin. It also works just as good for pimples, reducing the unwanted swelling, and redness.